Sunday, May 29, 2005

Recovery week

This week is a week for recovery. Monday my quads and hips were really stiff and sore and going downstairs was quite painful to say the least.

Tuesday saw me off to the gym for Pilates, a 45 min Reformer class. It sounds nasty "the reformer" but its only the bed that we use for Pilates - it adds resistance in the form of springs, and is great for building upper body strength and tone as well as core and leg strength. A massage with the sports masseur in the evening loosened up some of the sore bits and by Wednesday I was feeling pretty good.

Not much other activity this week apart from another Reformer class on Saturday.

The runner's high and sense of achievement continued for much of the week and I felt great apart from the sore bits and rashly said I was going to do another half in Sept. We'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home