Sunday, June 05, 2005

Lovely long run

Despite consuming some delicious crispy pork belly and a few too many glasses of vino I was out of bed at 7am to head off and retrieve the slightly battered car. I'd done this run from Bronte to North Sydney before and it's a nice scenic route. Down to Centennial Park and through the middle of the park and up to the gates on Oxford Street. Running down Oxford Street can be interesting as you have to avoid the clubbers staggering home. I got some abuse from some delightful drunks in a cab who decided to shout and swear at me while I was waiting for the lights to change.. nice. Into the City and up Macquarie Street brought back memories of the half marathon. Then it was up onto the Cahill Expressway and over the bridge. It's quite a hill going up that section I was quite relieved to be going downhill on the other side. Good thing there is such an amazing view from the bridge that it takes your mind off it. That hill has nothing on the Pacific Highway though and my car was half way to Crows Nest. I must ask my friends if they wouldn't mind moving somewhere a bit further down the hill.

Run time 1 hr 25 mins and I think about 13.5km.

It's great being able to do this run. A few years ago I couldn't run around the block and so it's great to be able to cover this sort of distance. You get a good sense of how far you can run when you do a point to point course like this, rather than a circular route which I would normally do. Of course there's also the added benefit that both Mr Lulu and I can enjoy a few glasses of wine, abandon the car and go and fetch it the next day. It used to be Mr Lulu's task to retrieve the car but now we can share the fun!

The car survived a night on the streets of North Sydney but didn't survive a trip to the movies in Randwick.. can you believe that after yesterdays crash someone else decided to drive into our car. When we got back to the car from the movies there was a nice new dent in the driver's door. Of course they hadn't bothered to leave their detail... what is wrong with people that they think this is acceptable behaviour.. a very expensive trip to the movies and we can't even blame the damage on yesterday's bump...not happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home