Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Tuesday speedwork and a trainer

I don't really like speed work but know that it really helps improve my fitness and speed. I'd followed a Pat Carroll training programme for the half marathon and I've been using that as a guide for my training. Today's session was 3 x 1km with 1.30 standing recovery.. doesn't sound too bad now does it!

Jogged down to our measured km course along Darley Road alongside the park.
First km in just under 5 mins - that's a bit of a record I think but it is slightly downhill and I was pushing it. I needed 2 mins to recover.
Second km in 5.30 - slightly uphill
Third km 5.25 and really felt it.
Jogged back up the hill to Bronte and recovered quite well from the km efforts.

Mr Lulu had suggested some time ago that it might be a good idea to join Sean Williams training groups in Centennial Park and after today's not so good speed session I plucked up the courage to contact him. Sean phoned me back and we had a chat about what I have been doing and what I would like to do. I was worried that I would be too slow for his group but he assures me that there are people of all levels there and I will be fine. The added bonus is that if I go regularly to his training group then he'll design a monthly programme for me. This will be excellent as I like the idea of having a programme specifically tailored for me rather than following a generic programme. I'm such an athlete these days that I now have a trainer! All I have to do now is work out how I'm going to get there on Friday as the car is in the garage being undented.

Did a 45 mins Reformer class at lunchtime. A new instructor and quite a tough class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home