Sunday, August 28, 2005

Wedding day dawn run

We had to set the alarm to get up early this morning as our jet-lag isn't waking us up so early any more. We got up at 6 and it was still dark, but it gets hot so quickly you can't leave it any later. We headed out along the beach front, taking a different route to our first run and sticking to the coast for longer. We ended up running alongside the airport and having a jet land over our heads as the sun was rising which was quite spectacular. The road was a gentle incline but enough for me to feel that my legs were tired, perhaps from yesterday's walk, and I also felt a bit dehydrated, and so stuggled to get going today. I was glad to turn around after 30 mins and head back towards the hotel, buying a large bottle of water on the way. We did 8.4kms with an average pace of 6.40/km which shows how sluggish I was feeling today. Plenty of water was consumed all day to make sure I was ready for the wedding.

Lots of wedding day drama as some paperwork had gone missing and we were not sure the wedding would be able to proceed but the Greek side of the family pulled out all the stops and spent the day on the phone. Finally the wedding went ahead as planned although a couple of hours later than scheduled. A late night with Mr Lulu whirling me around the dance floor and definitely a rest day pool-side today. Might tackle that hill again tomorrow and see if I can knock a couple of minutes off my time going up the zig zag road and we'll take the camera this time.

3 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey Lulu
Sounds like your having a great time! I wish I was on holidays! I'll look forward to hearing all about it back in the park :)
Have fun!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Gee, I wish I was there too ! Have a great time LuLu. Gronk :)

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Lulu,
I didn't realise Wine trail runner was greek and you 2 were getting married: so congratulations. All the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home