Friday, August 12, 2005

A crisp Sydney morning

We forgot to set the alarm last night and so it was 6.20 when I woke up . Good thing I wasn't intending to go to SWEAT as I would have had to drive around until I caught up with them!

I knew it was going to be cold so I even put gloves on this morning and headed down to Centennial Park to do a lap of the inside and back up the hill to home. Felt good and so tried to keep the pace up around the park and back up the hill, but without going mad.. there's some big race on Sunday!

Garth tells me we did 7.658km's in 49 mins with an average pace of 6.27/km and we burnt off 578 cals. Shins felt pretty good with one slight twinge at about 25 mins in so I stopped and stretched out my calf and that seemed to sort it out. We'll see how they feel after Sunday's pounding!

A very light week this week only doing 18.2km but it's definitely been the right thing to do as my shins have recovered and other niggles seem to be behaving.

4 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm glad to see that all your niggles are no longer causing you problems.

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I don't know about you but I hope it warms up before Sunday. See you then! J

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger miners said...

That's a perfectly sensible week's lead up for what is a big race L. Glad things are feeling pretty good now for you

Best of luck on the day & I'll see you there!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Hi Lulu! Glad to hear you're feeling fighting fit and niggle-free. Good luck for Sunday! :)

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

Go Team H!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home