Monday, August 08, 2005

A gentle 45

I decided to take an extra rest day yesterday as I was feeling a few twinges and very tired legs after last week's efforts, not to mention tapering for the C2S I suppose! My main worry being that my shins seem to be a bit tight and tender which is quite unusual for me so I'm not taking any chances. I drove the lulumobile down to Centennial Park so I didn't have to run on any concrete and did a loop of the outside; 45 mins 6.9km. One or two shin twinges on the way around but I stopped and stretched my calves and that seems to have improved things. I applied some ice when I got home and I'll do so again later. No running tomorrow and something gentle on Wednesday me thinks... Off to Pilates tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger miners said...

Gee - from the title of the post, I imagined you had run an easy 45 kms! Good solid training for C2S I thought :)

Hope the shins hold out and everything stays positive for Bondi.

Thanks for the offer too btw. Looks like I'm staying with a mate from up here down near Coogee - hope everyone is going to go out on Saturday night though!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Best of luck on Sunday Lulu. All that hard work will pay off for a cracking PB I'm sure.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Hey, you can't taper for 6 days.
Reports, we want reports.

We missed you this morning at centennial park; royworlds was on fire again. Burnt the grass.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Take it easy Lulu - I want to hear about your C2S experience! I am slowly figuring out my Garmin - I love my new toy! Anyway good luck for Sunday and maybe i might see you there, wouldn't that be great! :)

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

best of luck with your shins - hope they come good soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home