Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Back to some hills

I got up this morning and was half dressed to go out for some hill reps when I remembered my runners were in the office. I've got two pairs but more importantly my orthotics were in the office and I don't want to risk injury at this stage so I went back to bed!

It was a mental battle to go out this afternoon to do the planned run which is why I usually go in the morning, otherwise it's too hard. However, the good side of the brain won out this afternoon and I set off to do a warm up around Clovelly and then to the Henry Lawson hill in the cemetery for some repeats. Now I have Garth I can measure the distance of the HL hill - it's only about 120m long. I did 10 reps of it, jogging back down in between. My pace was relatively consistent and around 46-48 secs with the last two being faster of 44 and 45 seconds. I suspect this hill is not really long enough and I can extend it as it keeps on going, but this is a manageable hill for me at this stage. What do you think fellow bloggers?

Feel good now and maybe this running during the day is not so bad after all!

4 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Well done on getting out during the day for a run. I swear it's harder to do that than actually get out of bed in the morning to go for a run....well, most days it is :-) J

BTW I've just finished Cloudstreet by Tim Winton (have you read it?). Tonight I have to pick my next book from the masses of books on the bookcase that I haven't read yet !

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

variation in hills is good. Vary the length and alternate week to week.

Hills in every run are good,

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger miners said...

Great commitment to keep to the schedule Lulu.

As to the hill - sounds perfect at the moment. Don't get too tempted to overdo it too early. This is how achilles & calf problems often start. The length is perfect for a repeat, whether it's flat OR uphill. Stick to that until after C2S, then knock yourself out.

btw - thanks for looking out for me over at my blog - that was a little scary

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

Regardless of hill length, I find 20 seconds is about all I can do at a time, before having to pause for oxygen. So well done for racing up your hill in 45.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home