Sunday, August 21, 2005

Owl and I on the road!

I'd arranged to meet the Owl on Bondi Road at 7.30 this morning and so headed off at around 7.15 to walk/jog across to Bondi. About 1.5kms distance. Did a quick stretch whilst waiting for The Owl and then we set off up Bondi Rd, through BJ and then around the outside of the park. I didn't realise that Bondi Road had quite such a hill in it! We did one loop of the outside of the park and then a half outside/half inside loop before heading out one of the gates and along Birrell Road. A nice downhill stretch and then a big hill back towards Bondi. The Owl took off up this hill and I had to pick up the pace to keep up with her. Then it was all downhill from there, back to Bondi Beach where we met Mr Lulu to have brekkie.

It makes a huge difference doing these long runs with someone else. We ran for two hours and were chatting away for most of the time and so when I looked at Garth and saw we had done 1hr 45mins I was quite surprised. We took it at a nice easy pace and enjoyed the beautiful Sydney morning. We passed a few of my fellow SWEAT crew in Centennial but didn't see any other CRs this morning.

In total we did 17.3 kms in 2 hours at an average pace of 7/km. The Owl looked pretty comfortable at the end although saying her legs were tired.. she certainly didn't look it on the Birrell Street hill. She'll have no problem finishing the half in 3 weeks time.

Add this to my original 1.5km and I did 18.8km. A very good start to the week, which is a good thing as I'm not sure when or where the next run will be.

Final packing list: Garth..check; Garth's charger...check; running gear.. check; swimmers... check; Mr Lulu..check; That's it.. I'm good to go!

3 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Sounds like another perfect Sunday morning in Sydney! Hope you have a great holiday Lulu!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for a great run Lulu. Have a great holiday!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Good run Lulu. Have a good holiday and hope to hear about it all when you get back. Glad to hear Garth is going along too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home