Thursday, August 18, 2005

Not two but three beaches!

I decided to try the 3 beaches run this morning which goes down to Coogee and then along the coastal path through Clovelly and Bronte and up Bronte Hill. I haven't done this for ages and it's a tough run with lots and lots of lovely hills, steps and fantastic views. I've decided I need to do some more of my running over hilly routes to try and improve my hill running generally, and this is a good course for that. My intention was just to potter along and set a time for the course that I can work on beating over the next few months. Sounds like a good plan.. would help though if I actually started Garth when I set off. Not sure what happened but I was already gone down to Coogee and back up the hill to Gordon's Bay before I realised that Garth was not ticking away. I started the clock at that point and did 4.2km in 32 mins and I estimate I had already done at least 2.5-3km by then. My legs struggled a bit with some of the hills but I only had the goal of running all the way, including the stairs. Not sure it counted as running as I was going so slowly up some of the hills, but I made it.
I'll have to do it again when we get back from our hols to set my course time. Off to Pilates later and I hope the instructor isn't going to do more leg work as I want to do a good Fartlek session with Sean tomorrow morning.

2 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger miners said...

would love to be down there running those beaches - hope I get to do it soon. Don't let Garth beat you too often if you're thinking of setting yourself benchmarks for your favourite runs!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Thirsty work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home