Friday, August 19, 2005

Back to the CP Fartlek

Now the C2S is over Sean is back to doing Fartlek around the outside of Centennial Park, which I much prefer to the nasty hill circuit we were doing before. I parked outside the Randwick Gates and used this nearly 1km jog to warm up. We set off at a good pace and I ran along with Don Juan. I can actually keep up with them at this stage these days which is an improvement! The group soon took off on the first surge but came back to round me up. The tough bit as usual was going up the long incline alongside the bus depot. My legs are still suffering a bit from the C2S, plus over zealous Pilates instructors ( who all seem to think doing legs is fun this week!). However, I felt strong in some parts of this run and the second half I really felt that I was actually running rather than plodding along. I like the downhill sections and on the downhill surge I ran with Don Juan and we were running at 4.20/km pace and I felt like we were flying. Now I just need to be able to do that on the flat!

Back to the starting point and then a quick cool down jog to the car. Total distance was 10.28km and a total time of 1.04.18. The fartlek session was 8.42km at an average pace of 6.08/km. I'm still really slow up that long hill and I don't get much chance to recover as the rest of the group's recovery pace is my surging pace!

Very happy with that today :)

Total km's for the week was 34.65km with an average pace of 6.37/km. Average time over the week is gradually going down which is encouraging. Pilates again tomorrow and then off for a long run with The Owl before we head off on our hols on Sunday night.

8 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic run this morning Lulu - girl you were flying!!! Enjoy your run (and perhaps more importantly breakfast) on Sunday morning - I'll be thinking of you guys. Have a fantastic holiday and we must catch up when you get back! Take care. J

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Have a wonderful holiday - I'm very jealous! Hopefully we can catch up in September - looking forward to it. Are you taking Garth overseas?

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger miners said...

A good week for you again Lulu - and still flushed with the success of conquering C2S!

Have a wonderful holiday - hope you can keep blog updated while you're away ;)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy your hols, Lulu!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I love the downhills too!! That's great that you felt you kept up more in the session. Have a good holiday.

TA

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Happy Hols Lulu!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Don't forget to blog from Santorini Island after those volcano runs.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Isn't it fantastic when you finally get that "feeling like you're actually running". The best part is that the more you do it, the more you feel it :-)

sfG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home