Saturday, September 10, 2005

Easy park run

Having taken it very easy yesterday and feeling a bit more normal today I headed down to Centennial Park to do an inside loop. Felt pretty good for the first 4 kms and then had to stop and walk. Not sure my stomach is totally over it's bug yet as it didn't feel too happy at that stage. Having recovered I took it pretty easy on the way back and up the hill to home.

Having a had a couple of easy weeks I haven't slowed down (thankfully, otherwise I'd be walking!) and even overtook 2 runners, which is very unusual for me. I do seem to have lost a bit of stamina though. This is possibly due to the jet lag so we'll see how things are in the next few days.

Distance 7.66km in 50 mins with an average pace of 6.32/km which is just slightly slower than the last time I did this run. So that's enough taking it easy and so it's back to some serious training next week.

I'm now in possession of the cheersquad pom-poms, thanks to having a coffee with Jen yesterady, and will be heading into the City and my position on the Cahill for about 7am tomorrow so I make sure I catch all the runners as they pass through.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good luck on Sunday.
I'll give you a cheer or wave from the Cahill. One of us might be short of breath at that stage.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey... does that mean we will see you back at training next week? That will be great! I will hopefully see you tommorow! See you soon
Katie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home