Thursday, September 15, 2005

Feeling good in the park

The ETS had to stand in for her boss at some work function in the end so I was let off a big night out; still had a rest day yesterday though so I was ready to hit the road again this morning.

Lovely warm spring morning and I headed down to Centennial Park again to do a couple of laps of the inside track. Tried to keep the pace up but without pushing it as I know I'll be working hard in tomorrow's SWEAT session. Felt pretty good most of the time except a couple of times I got stitch which is unusual for me. I don't normally suffer from stitch but have noticed since I got back from holiday that I have been getting it every run; possible something to do with stomach bug but who knows.

Tried to keep the pace up on the hill back from the park and consequently average pace was improved over Tuesday's run.

The Stats: 11.19km in 1.13.50 with an av pace of 6.35/km and 828cals.

I'll be off to the gym later for the 3rd Pilates class of the week. I can already feel my abs have come back after a few weeks off.

Edited to add: Forgot to mention the racing schedule up to the end of the year. There's an 8km race in Maroubra on the 23rd of Oct which I will do and then it's off to Melbourne for the Sussan's Women's Classic 10km on the 4th Dec. Flights are booked so there's no going back on that one.

4 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh, that's a shame. I was looking forward to hearing about your night with ETS. Sounds like a good run this morning; with jet lag now gone, you will fly at tomorrow mornings session with Sean!

J.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey Lulu...
good run this morning :) Nothing like a race to get you working!! the 10km will be a great race... it is a buzz running with all women!! GO girlfriend :) See you in the morning

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger CJ said...

You might still be getting over the stomach bug thing hence the stitch.

Looks like I'll be in Sydney from Sydney 25 - Tuesday 27 Sept.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

You're booking up races months in advance - you're a machine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home