Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A good solid hour

Went back to Pilates yesterday evening at thenew gym at BJ, and the classes are getting a bit more strenuous now the club's been open a few weeks. I will try out some of the Pump and Spin classes over the next few weeks to add an extra cardio session or two to my running.

Headed out for an hour's run this morning as I am going out with my evil twin sister this evening, which will end late at night (or early in the morning) and probably with me rolling home having had a few too many wines. I met the ETS when I first moved to Sydney and before Mr Lulu converted me to clean living and she is definitely complicit in giving me many a hangover... I'm trying to exercise some moderation but the ETS is normally unimpressed with excuses of having to go running training in the morning and so I'm not even going to attempt a SWEAT session tomorrow.

Instead I went down to Centennial Park and did an anti-clockwise outside loop. I'm definitely over the jet lag now and feeling quite energetic. I'm not convinced Garth measures this course accurately as he does drop out in a few places and I'm also not convinced that the overall pace is accurate as I felt like I was working harder. May be I'm just deluding myself that I'm running faster! Garth thinks we did 9.56km in 1.03.32 with an average pace of 6.38/km. I'll keep track of this course over the next few weeks and see if he is consistent. He's probably not far off because the course he plots on Google Earth is pretty much spot on. It's the nasty hill on the way back I think that really pulls my average pace down so need to try and pick up the pace up there.

Will do another Pilates class later this afternoon at the CBD gym.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Looking forward to hearing about your night out with the ETS!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh, sounds like you have a fun night ahead with ETS. Look forward to the full report tomorrow!

J.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Recent training suggests you'll leave ETS in the starting blocks - garmin will be working flat out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home