Saturday, September 27, 2008

Another week done!

The plan has been followed, roughly at least! I did a swim again on Monday morning at Revesby pool which has a great 50 m outdoor pool. It's so long since I did much swimming it's pretty apalling and I feel I'm half drowning most of the time.. oh well it will improve!

Tue was intervals and I was supposed to do 5 x 800m in 4.20 ish according to the programme. I stuffed this up as I did 1 Ok and then the second one way too fast and ended up not being able to do 5 but I did 3 and a half!

Off to Melbourne on Weds and I had a tempo run to do on Thursday so I headed out of the hotel around the famous Tan for a bit and then along the river and back. A total of 11kms with 2 x 3.2 kms at 6 min pace. Felt pretty good and enjoyed the lovely Melbourne spring morning.

I decided to do my long run this morning and so I was up at 5.30 and on the road by 6 to do 11kms around the streets of Revesby for 11kms at 6.18 pace. Then it was off to crazy abs lady for an hour of torture.

I'll go to the gym tomorrow to do some cross training as per the programme. I think this programme will suit me once my calves adjust to running everything faster. I have slightly sore tib posts again but think it's under control and at least I get to recover properly in between each run.

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

A whole hour of ab torture ... I'd be interested to hear what sort of things you do.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

It looks like it will suit you, and you're enjoying it! That's good Lulu.

I'll be down for a jog around the famous Tan in a couple of weeks. Lovely place, Melbourne.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home