Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Post

I'll try and make Sunday a regular posting day as it's the day I'm likely to have the most time.

Since my last post I have managed to keep to my programme.

Tues: 5 km around the streets in the day
Weds: Spin class
Thurs: 4 km
Fri: Rest day
Sat: 40 mins + Crazy Abs Lady class
Sun: 12kms

Today's 12km was hard work, a long slow plod. I'm lacking in energy this week and it's been hard work to get going. Still it's done now :) I tried to keep my heart rate at a reasonable level which meant walking up some of the hills. Consequently, the average pace was pretty slow at 6.50/km and still my average heart rate was 161. It will be interesting to see how that changes over the nex few weeks as I get a bit fitter. I suspect it is a bit higher than it should be because I'm feeling a bit fatigued.

This week's programme is similar:
Mon: Gym with the Glute Torturer
Tues: Massage am and Spin pm
Weds: 40 mins
Thurs: 40 mins with 20 mins fartlek in the middle
Fri: Rest day
Sat: 40 mins + Crazy Abs Lady
Sun: 14kms- yikes!

4 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

wow - big weeks you have there. I need to start doing some cross training and back to do some core. Might go to the same class as you!

I struggled on the run this morning. I hadn't eaten much for dinner and got the dizzies at one point. Silly girl. Time to get a bit more serious again I think.

I have 2 hours next weekend. Want to meet up and I'll do 20 or 30 before hand? Wherever you would like to go - but prob need to go slowish... :) like I have any other speed!!!!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

It took you a day to run 5km around the streets?! ;)

I still walk on hills occasionally if I'm after a low HR run. Good week there Lulu - well done on the 12k.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo! Well done on the 12k Lulu. Looking forward to catching up with you on Thursday!

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

I always find the running around the streets very funny, don't you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home