Friday, May 23, 2008

Getting there!

Hello fellow bloggers! I am still here and making some progress. Work has been totally mad; I'm still doing some work for some old clients as well as having a full time job which has become quite demanding. I'm enjoying it though.

So, last time I visited these pages I was planning on running with Ellie. This did in fact occur on the 4th of May. We had a very lovely 50 min run around Centennial for a total of about 7.7km.

Sadly, my hip/itb decided to object so I had to back off for a week whilst Brad the physio and Tiger worked their magic. I have managed some good runs since and have to just focus on doing some more glute work. The good news is that my calf is pretty much fixed and I think another week or so will see me not having to strap it all the time.

I've done two runs this week; 6kms around the streets on Tuesday and a trot around the Bay this evening. I've never actually run all the way around the Bay before and it was fun. I did wonder if I'd make it but felt pretty good most of the way except towards the end when my lack of fitness and the fact that it was dark and I wasn't sure of the surface slowed me down.

So, in summary I'm feeling pretty good; I have to watch the glute exercises/stretching but I'm getting there!

7 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

Yes, it will be good to see you recovering and getting back into it. A nice, positive post there. Lulu.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Good to hear that you are positive. And yes, we have got to organise something. It's been far too long.

xx

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

I like the sound of that Lulu. I was worrying you might have fallen off the blogging perch like pool old CJ.

You really should give Nail Can a go one year - there's some nice wine country not far from Albury ;)

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Things seem to be on the up and up Lulu. While you are doing those glute exercises throw in a couple of extra for me :)

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Yes Lulu

You're doing well getting back into it with your running at the same time as handling your "mad" work weeks. That shouldn't be to hard for you as you strike me as a little "mad" yourself. Not "harpic" mad "clean around the bend" but "mad"enough to put up with putting up and doing those glute exercises.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like Ewen's idea of doing Nail Can & the wine country. Next year?

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Black Knight said...

I like your positive attitude. I hope you will recover in short time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home