Sunday, March 16, 2008

Getting back into the groove

Another pretty good week this week with four runs, one gym session, one Crazy Ab lady class and about 3 ab sessions on my own. The feet are feeling better and as long as I do my ab exercises the hip doesn't hurt.

Runs this week were:
Tues; 5km around Queen's Park
Fri: 5km in the dark around the streets
Sat: 4km fartlek around Centennial
Sun: 8.75 around the hills of Vaucluse and Watson's Bay.

I was accompanied on my run this morning by Running Angel, and Ellie walking Max, my friends' dog who Mr lulu and I are currently looking after. Poor Ellie was dragged around a bit by Max until she wore him out a bit! I was dragged around by Running Angel who definitely wore me out. We ran out of Vaucluse up the hill to New South Head Rd and to Christenson Park where we re-met Ellie and Max. Then it was off down the coast path to Watson's Bay. Lots of hills involved as we were going back and forth to tell Ellie where we were heading and this involved doing several hill repeats as we ran down and then ran back up again. From Watson's Bay we headed back towards the house, and as we still had 8 mins to go Running Angel said ' let's do another hill'. Personally, I think she's mad but nevertheless followed obediently back up the hill to New SH Rd and back again for a total of 60 mins, my longest run since about June last year. I felt pretty good most of the way considering I have done very few hills recently and I'm definitely beginning to feel that my fitness is gradually coming back. A pretty slow pace but at least I did the full hour and lots of hills.

If I can just get a good solid period of injury free running then I'll be happy!

We ended the morning's activities with a quick cooldown dip at Neilson's Park where we awaited Mr lulu after his last 3 hour run, and then brekkie at the kiosk. A very nice way to spend a Sunday.. those people who don't run don't know what they are missing out on :)

4 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Thanks for the company this morning and for lending me max - we had a good time :-) although there were frequent negotiations about who was in charge. I think I won out in the end...

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Very true Lulu. When I first started running years ago, I remember thinking to myself 'there is no way I'll keep this up for the rest of my life'. These days there is no doubt in my mind that I will :-)

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

That's all good news Lulu - especially the fitness returning, and missing hip pain.

With all those extra hills, Running Angel must be getting you ready for next year's Six Foot :)

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Great back to back runs Lulu. Looks like it's coming together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home