Sunday, January 13, 2008

Back in the park

I managed to sleep through my alarm on Friday morning and so I was running a bit short of time to get my run in and get to work, so it was another evening run. I drove down to the park and went to the lake where we train with SWEAT. A 10 minute warm up around the lake and then 8 x 30 second intervals with 1.30 jog/walk rest periods. Another 10 mins to cool down a bit and a total of about 4.5km.

This morning I headed out from home, down to the park and then around the inside. I should have left earlier as it was getting very hot by 8am. I did the first 3 kms of my run as 1 km warm-up then kms 2 and 3 fartlek, at just under 6 min pace average, and then it was run/walk for the next 3 km. Pretty pleased with that as I did 6km and an average of 6.38 including walk breaks. I then walked the 1.5km home as a cool down. Not that I was very cool by the time by the time I got home!

This week I'm off to sunny Brisvegas for a couple of days Mon/Tues so my next run will be around the streets of Brisbane.

This week's plan is as follows:
Mon: Glute Torturer @ gym
Tues: 40 mins easy run
Weds: 40 mins fartlek pm
Thurs: Gym
Fri: 10 x30 sec intervals
Sat: Gym
Sun: 60 mins run/walk.

4 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Great to see you're doing well Lulu.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

That's a pretty handy pace Lulu, especially including the walking breaks.

Good start to the new programme. Have fun in Brisvegas!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Good to see your still hard at it Lulu!
Keep on trucking as they say!

R2B

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

I am glad you can run as you want. Enjoy Brisvegas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home