Sunday, December 09, 2007

Signs of progress

The crazy abs lady definitely did something to me yesterday as my back and stomach muscles are feeling the effects this morning! A hour with the crazy abs lady is pilates on steroids.

I headed out in Alfie to the park this morning and did an inside loop and around the lake for another 30 mins, well 31 actually :) It felt a lot easier today and I wasn't constantly looking at my watch waiting for 30 mins to come, so there's some progress being made. It was nice to be back on home turf and back in the park. I'm also looking forward to Ms Ellie return to the Eastern suburbs next week, so I will even soon have a running buddy back. We just need Lorna back on her feet now, and to drag Jen away from her fiance and we can have a reunion run.

Looking at my little km chart on my blog it's really June since I did anything like a reasonable training load so it's really no wonder my fitness has gone out the back door. So, it's time to really focus and start building my base fitness again. The programme for this week is:

Mon: Gym am
Tues: 30 mins run am Hydro pool interval training pm
Weds: 30 mins run and a visit to Tiger
Thurs: Glute Torturer @ gym and a visit to Brad the physio
Fri: 30 mins run
Sat: Crazy abs lady
Sun: 30 mins run, 30 mins walk

6 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

glad to hear that it is getting easier. I think that I need to add some spin classes or something as the plan to get on the bike is not eventuating...

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Jen said...

A reunion run sounds like a brilliant idea !!!!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

So good to see you progressing Lulu.

Re your reunion run, I just hope Lorna remembers how to talk :-)

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No fear! I remember how to talk. It'll be a while before I can run but!

I can't wait though. What's this about Ellie returning to the East? Where?

Hugs

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

I'm jealous of your 30-minute run today... perhaps I can still do it?

Ordinary pilates is hard enough. I'd hate to see it on steroids!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I thought steroids made things easier!! An hour of abs?! That's progress of the highest standard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home