Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ciao Belli

I'm off again. After a few days working in Perth, I'm now sitting in the Qantas club awaiting my flight from Perth to Hong Kong where I'll pick up a strange man called Mr lulu and then we're off to Roma, that's the Italian one rather than the one in Queensland I visited a few weeks ago. I think I know which one I prefer ;)

I have done no running in the last few weeks. My back is feeling a lot better and my hip hasn't niggled for days but to add virus to injury I picked up nasty cold. Not what you really want when you're about to embark on a long trip. I'm feeling a lot better today and hoping that my sinuses won't explode on any of the take-offs and landings I'll be doing in the next 36 hours.

We're only staying one night in Rome (sorry Black Knight, other wise we would have tried to catch up) before heading to Sardinia for 12 days. I'm then off to the UK for a couple of weeks to celebrate Dad's 80th. Hopefully I'll be back to running while I'm there. Brad wants me back to at least 30 mins by the time I get back in 4 weeks time. I'm optimistic and determined to use my holiday to get really strong if I can't get fit!

Life is going to take a bit of a change when I get back from holiday as I have rashly signed my life away and have accepted a full time job. I haven't actually worked full time for about 6 years so it's going to be a bit of a challenge but I couldn't resist the job when I saw it advertised in the SMH a few weeks ago. More about that when I get back, but if anyone works in North Ryde then I'll be in the neighbourhood.

Have fun y'all while I'm away and I'll try and drop in from time to time and post some pics and stuff.

8 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Have a wonderful holiday Lulu - hopefully we can meet up for a run when you get back

xx

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger strewth said...

Wow Lulu, you are full of surprises! Have an absolutely fabulous holiday. I'm really looking forward to reading your posts - hope you have time to blog. Say "ciao" to 'bellissimo Italia' for me and enjoy that coffee!!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

How exciting for you! Have a lovely hol Lulu. Hopefully catch up next time.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Essere sicuro avere una vacanza felice!

Just don't 'do a CJ', and come back with 3 wheels.

North Ryde is perfect! A 10 minute warm-up jog to the Lane Cover River Park :)

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Now, how do you say 'jealous' in Italian... :-)

Looks like I'm going to be moving to Nth Ryde in a few weeks too, so we might meet on a trail one day!

Gnome

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Bout time you got a real job :-) I can see you now, quick change out of the power suit for a lunchtime dash through LCNP with Spud ;)

Have fun in Italy and England Lulu - I'm looking forward to the updates.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger running uphill said...

Have fun Lulu. Glad to hear that the niggles are behaving.

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Ciao bambino,

is that Italian? Well I hope it is.
Enjoy your vacation Lulu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home