Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Don't panic!

That's what I've been telling myself since I developed a very sore groin or as my running buddy Ellie calls it 'my special place'.

Thoughts of giving up running altogether passed through my mind but I dismissed them at least until I'd been to see Easy Tiger for a consultation. The verdict is I've got a very tight Psoas muscle, which attaches in the groin area and is now a bit inflammed in the special place. Well, it was tight until ET got stuck into it... Unfortunately, he doesn't have a magic remedy for reducing the inflammation over night.

It feels much, much better today and I even ran down the road from the gym to test it out. Not too bad and at least I can walk without pain now. A few more days off running and some Vitamin V-oltarin, with luck and a following wind I'll be back on the road by the weekend.

After three days of doing nothing (which I have to say was very nice!) and a bit of prodding by Mr lulu, I managed to get out of bed and go to the gym this morning. A 45 minute GRC pilates class, followed by 30 mins on the bike with 20 mins on the 8/12 interval routine.

I've also started my diet again today with the intention of losing another 5 kilos. For the first time in years I've managed to get under 70kgs so my next target is getting under 65kgs. I think finally my thyroid meds and other hormones are under control and so I'm hoping that I can do this relatively quickly. At the very least it gives me something to focus on if I'm off the road for a short while. Keep everything crossed that I'm going to have a swift recovery and no reoccurences.

11 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Good luck with all of that!! I am sure your next 5kg goal ia doable!! You are looking great at the moment :-)

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

yeah - you'll smash 5kg really quickly. Glad that the special place is feeling a bit better! Take care of it...

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

I've got a bit of that! Just a minor niggle at this stage, on the left side. I don't want it to get very sore! Sounds dodgy.

Good luck, and also with the 5kg.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

The hormones are good so now you have to be too. Good luck and I hope that pain in the butt disappears quickly.

TA

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Hmmm, does Mr Lulu know that ET has been touching you in your "special place"???

LOL ;-)

But seriously, I hope you get back out pounding the pavements again real soon - if ever anyone deserved to have their perseverance pay off it's you!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

It's all crossed for you Lulu

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Lulu

While I'm loathed to make any more bad jokes about the groin I will wish you luck with the 5kgs.

I lost 5 kgs myself recently and found it difficult but doable. As we are around the same age I'd say it would be equally as difficult for you but maybe more so as women find it harder to lose weight than men.

Anyway, all the best with it.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Good weather to have a little injury in Lulu ... very well planned :-)

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger Neese said...

i'm not sure I want to know what an ET is and how it got "stuck into it" lol, bless your heart, i'm glad it's better, hope it's 100% soon!

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the weight loss Lulu - I know too well how hard it can be to shift even a small amount.

wt

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Jen said...

So I guess that means that our next PG girls lunch shouldn't be at the Lindt cafe? ;-)

I have no doubt that you'll achieve your weightloss goal - Kit is right though, you are looking fantastic :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home