Tuesday, May 29, 2007

TTT PB

That's the monthly Tuesday Time Trial, our joyous morning of pain, doing 4 laps of the lake.

It was still pitch black driving to Centennial Park and I was hoping the gates would be open so I didn't have to run in to the oval, which they were. A quick 1.2 kms warm up and the usual drills/strides and then it was up to the lake for 4 laps ~ 5.8km.

It's two months since I did one of these, and May's training has been a bit disrupted, so I had no idea what to expect this morning. I started off with Running Angel and Zoe and I managed to hang on to RA for 1.5 laps before she started to pull away. I knew they were going too fast for me but I decided to stick with them for a while. Struggled with the third lap but managed to pick it back up for the 4th lap, although I was disappointed to be overtaken by a few of the other girls. Mr lulu came back for me for the last 800m or so and the final result was 33.13, a 22 second PB!

Splits were 5.35, 5.44, 5.51, 6.01, 5.47, and 4.13 (5.47 pace). Just need to work on not dropping off in the 3rd and 4th km which is the third lap. Pretty happy with that and no niggles appeared either thanks to my hour with ET yesterday. My glute is sore, but that's more from the massage and the glute workout I did yesterday morning than anything else.

I even managed to do a proper cool down this morning, doing an extra lap of the lake, so a total of 9.5km this morning.

9 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Fantastic Lulu! Great start and finish. The fifty-something 10k can't be far off.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Terrific Tuesday Time Trial, Truely!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

How exciting!!!

Huge congrats Lulu! Nice strong finish too, gotta be happy with that.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo! That's a fantastic session Lulu. So happy to hear it. Looking forward to finally catching up with you on Thursday

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Horrie said...

Congrats on the PB Lulu. You were certainly looking strong and determined on that last lap when Steve met you. Going from strength to strength. Well done!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Bernie G said...

That's a great PB over that distance. You should be very proud of your effort.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger miners said...

woo hoo! open gates, a PB, and even time for a proper cool down! You should have bought a lottery ticket :)

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger CJ said...

The road to a 10km PB is looking good so far! Have you decided on a 10km race yet?

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger running uphill said...

Nice times there Lulu. I left a comment for you on my blog comments - never sure if that's the right way to go, but thanks for your comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home