Friday, May 11, 2007

The delights of Dubbo

I've managed two runs whilst I've been in Dubbo. Wednesday morning I dragged myself out of bed at 5.30 and headed out to explore the streets of Dubbo. I managed to find my way into the town centre and out the other side before turning around. I did notice a nice path along the river but wasn't game for that in the dark! Managed 8.5km in 55 mins

My training group wanted to start early in the morning so at 7am I was already in the training room yesterday so it was an afternoon run for me. My legs felt very heavy and I was feeling tired but a quick motivational chat with Mr lulu and I managed to go out. Not only that, but I managed to do a speed session on my own. 2 x1km and 1 x 500 metres. Not particularly fast and my lack of speed work since Canberra is showing up, but at least it was a start. The lolly pop man who happened to be outside my hotel pointed me in the direction of the river path and I headed along there until I found a big football ground. A quick stretch, my reps and then I continued along the river path back across a bridge and back to the hotel. All up 6.5km

The people of Dubbo are very polite to runners. If you're trying to cross the road they'll actually stop and let you go.. unheard of in Sydney.

I'm about to start training again this morning so I'll do a run when I get back to Sydney this afternoon.

4 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Take care in deep, dark Dubbo. I'm glad to hear that the drivers are polite though!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

And the "P" in "P plate" does NOT stand for "polite", not here anyway, is it different in Dubbo?

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

If your running in Dubbo and you see giraffes in paddocks - turn back your lost in the zoo. ;-)

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Very nice work Lulu - woulda been a bit chilly at 0530 in Dubbo I imagine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home