Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekend in the park

As per the plan, I didn't do the CR challenge on Sat morning but headed off to do 50 mins around Centennial Park. I thought I'd made the wrong decision as I felt really strong and my hammie felt fine. It didn't last though as I lost my energy after 3 kms and the hammie felt a bit sore at the end. Managed to do about 7.5km.

Back to the park today and around the outside. I decided to run up York Road as we ran down it on Wednesday morning and it didn't seem as hard as usual. My legs did feel a bit fatigued after a pilates class I did yesterday evening but they warmed up as the run progressed. Once around the golf course and then back up Clovelly Road to home for a total of 13kms. The last 20 mins were hard and mainly uphill but it felt good when it stopped!

I've done about 38 km this week so the mileage is creeping up and apart from the hammie niggle my legs feel pretty good. Next week I'll be leaving on Tuesday morning for 3 nights camping in Kangaroo Valley. I'm taking the meaty men off for a leadership programme in the bush. Fortunately, I don't need to do much as someone else is facilitating but it sounds like they'll be keeping us busy with bushwalking, mountain biking and abseiling. Given I don't like heights much, that should be interesting!


4 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Good work getting the weekly mileage up Lulu - great to see :)

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

i think you'll have a blast with the meat men - I think it sounds like excellent cross training - and you'll leave them all for dead!

nice run today too - take care of that leg and see you next weekend!

x

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

You should be running around in your 70's gear before you throw it out.

Meat men on camp will like a touch of paisley.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Don't give it a butcher's hook and you'll be right. Good rest for the hammie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home