Sunday, April 22, 2007

Old Bar

Strange name for a town: Old Bar. It's on the North NSW Coast, near Taree. Mr lulu had some property to inspect in Taree and so I decided to go with him, and we booked into a B and B at Old Bar. It's not a gourmet town and the only place open for dinner was the local Italian. You know that when the restaurant sells itself on it's generous serving size that they probably don't have much else to offer! They certainly aren't lying about the serving sizes as our steaks were big enough for a family of four but I'm not sure anyone in the kitchen had been to Italy recently.

The B and B was good though and after an early night I was ready for my long run. Having no idea where to go a I followed a road along the beach which ran out after about 10 mins. I dropped my sports drink here so that I could get it later and carried on back up the way I came. Various twists and turns, a nice dirt road along and through a forest, and then down the main road back to town. I passed the guest house and if I hadn't have left my drink sitting in a tree outside somone's house I might have been tempted to stop at 70 mins. However, I carried on, retrieved my drink and ran back to the B and B for a total of 13.5km and 87 mins.

That's the longest I've done this year and I felt pretty good. My legs were tired at the end but I don't think I broke anything! The delicious breakfast served by the B and B was very welcome too!

6 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I enjoy running in new places - its a great way of seeing things that you might normally miss. 13km is a decent long run so you're getting there.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Well done on your longest run this year Lulu! Sounds like a good one too, beach and forest.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

nice run Lulu!! not sure that I'll put Old Bar on my list of must-visits for the year. Maybe next year!

See you at training tomorrow :)

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Longest run for the year ! Well done !

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Woooohoooo congrats on the long run Lulu that is fantastic. Nice work mate.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger miners said...

hey, you should have let me know - Old Bar is only an hour's drive away, and those steaks sounded like they were to die for ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home