Saturday, March 31, 2007

Mojo lost and found

After such a good run on Sunday strangely I found it hard to get motivated this week. I managed a trip to the gym on Monday and then it was Thursday afternoon before I managed to get out for a run. I happened to be at a conference in Adelaide and so I snuck out before it had finished and headed down to the river for a short hit out. I didn't enjoy it, but it was another 5km in the bank.

This morning I had arranged to pick up Running Angel to head over to the bay for the CR 5km challenge. If I hadn't arranged that I think I would definitely have stayed in bed.

I did a short warm up and then headed off on 29 mins as I really didn't think I would be able to much better today. Once I got going though I felt OK and according to Garth my splits were 5.36, 5.43, 5.41, 5.41, 5.36 to finish in 28.36, which considering my frame of mind I was pretty pleased with. It's 14 seconds quicker than last month and now only 16 seconds off my PB so I'll definitely have to go for that next month. I was also pleased that my legs felt strong all the way and I didn't feel totally spent at the end so there was probably a few extra seconds to be had. The head wind in the last km didn't help though!

Had an easy run back for the first few kms and then picked up the pace in the last two to 10km race pace to see how it felt and it didn't feel too bad; in fact I think this is where my mojo returned to me. Even better was that there was no niggle at all from the hip and only a minor complaint from the achilles on the way back.

Now let's hope the mojo doesn't run off again this week. I'll be travelling down to Canberra again and it would be nice to have a whole week at home one day soon, as that would probably help. I don't seem to have any routine at the moment.

5 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

That's really good to hear Lulu. Nice even splits and quick finish, which is a good pointer to your 10k potential. That 5k time will be on the other side of 28 before long. Good that the niggles were held at bay too!

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Neese said...

i had to laugh when you said "I didn't enjoy it, but it was another 5km in the bank". Probably because I have those runs too. Congrats on a nice race and hope you keep the mojo!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Yes Lulu having a routine certainly helps with the consistency needed to improve in this sport, but, I reckon, the very fact that you still keep gatting in the sessions even with your busy schedule speaks volumes for your "mojo."

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Great result in the 5k Lulu. You are slowly but surely hacking away at your time. I have a good feeling for you for next month!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sensational result in the 5k Lulu. Well done. Your consistency & 'not over doing it' approach is paying off. Maybe I should follow your lead ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home