Thursday, March 01, 2007

Is it March already?

Crikey, the year is really getting away from me as I can't believe it's March already. Hopefully, things will settle down to a normal pattern now that the family as returned to colder climes, and even the remaining nephew announced yesterday that he too is returning to England next week.

Mr lulu and I will have our spare room back, so book in now folks for any Sydney visits you're planning :) I'm looking forward to it just being the two of us again, and I know Mr lulu is looking forward to being centre of attention again ;)

Anyhoo, enough of the random dribblings and on to the running. An easy 6km around my 40 mins loop this morning. A bit steamy again but I felt pretty strong this morning. I even managed a decent pace up the hill on the way back from the park. My core strength seems to be really helping me on the hills. My hip and achilles are definitely improving..all good.

A slight change of plan for the Orange running festival. Mr lulu entered me for the 5km, and when my number arrived it said 5km walk... I'm quite happy with an easy saunter around the park but I'm sure it won't be the best thing for my running. I've emailed them and asked if I can run the 5km, can't see why not? Alternatively, I'll swap to the 10km and either do 5km hard and then jog back or go out at 10km race pace and see how long I last before the wheels fall off, or I could just do it easy. Decisions, decisions. Suggestions anyone, bearing in mind lack of long runs and the goal being not to break anything?

5 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

Crikey, is it 2007 already?

Don't break anything.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Why not just jog the whole 10k :-)

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Hopefully you'll be able to swap! If not, you could always run (and win) the 5k walk.

I think you'd find a 5k PB (or near PB) more satisfying (and safer) than an overstretched 10k.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I agree with Ewen - gofor the 5km. That way if you do go too hard its not as far as running 10km! I'm sure they will let you swap from the walk to the run....

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Doesn't matter what I suggest 'cause I know you wont' read this afterwards. So either way I hope it goes/went well for you.

PS Will check my diary & put in dates for my reservation for the spare bedroom. Owly & Ellie are probably sick of me by now ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home