Friday, February 16, 2007

South Head

It's been very hectic the last few days and a couple of early morning work commitments and dog walking duties have meant I had two rest days. Luxury!

Today though I headed out at about 7 and followed the road down to Watson's Bay and then found the path way that does a loop around South Head. Fantastic views back across the harbour to the city which I stopped to appreciate before heading back home.

After 5.5km I was absolutely pooped. Fitness MIA! I started off feeling great but after some hills and stairs in the heat and humidity I started to feel really dehydrated. Hopefully that's the main reason! I'm planning on running the 5km at SMC on Sunday; it could be interesting if I'm finding 5.5km a battle at an easy pace. Just doing it to see where I'm up to and I could be in for a nasty shock.

The good news is that the hip is liking the shorter runs and more rest days and I didn't hear a peep out of it. The bad news is I'm losing fitness by the day.

7 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

If you can run 5.5k, then a 5k race will be easy... :-) Don't worry about the fitness, just enjoy the run!

Gnome

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

yep - you'll be great of course!! enjoy the return to the house of fun!

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Run for fun! Has a nice ring about it, doesn't it?

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Tough running around there. Nowhere to hide on those hills.

It's when you're losing fitness by the month you've got to worry.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Jen said...

First get that leg sorted out, then worry about fitness :-)

Lots of hills on that course Lulu - you'll be great at Smithfield!!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

The good news outweighs the bad Lulu. A 5k race is a good test of fitness. Go hard, to see where you are :) Have 'fun'.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Lulu, you are still way fitter than most of the population so don't worry!

Good luck in the 5k tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home