Monday, February 12, 2007

All change

It's been a hectic weekend in the Lulu household. My brother and his wife and the other nephew arrived on Sunday and we had also committed to house/dog/cat sitting for some friends in Vaucluse for a week. This is good actually as our two bed unit would struggle to contain all the family anyway. So Sat, we moved into Vaucluse and got used to the new pet routine.

Sunday I was up early, walked and fed the dog (more about him another day) and then I went to the airport and picked up the family. After settling them in I headed down to Centennial for my 'long'run, which really isn't that long at the moment.

It was already pretty warm and I set off to do some laps of the inside so I could stop at the car on the way around and have a drink if I needed to. After about 500m I realised I hadn't put any sun sreen on so it was back to the car for that. Off again and I managed two further laps of the inside before my hip made it plain that it had had enough. Still not 100% and I only managed 55mins and 8.5km. Still, it's 10 mins more than last week I suppose. I'll be taking it pretty easy again this week and probably won't make SWEAT this week. I think the hip needs a little more TLC before inflicting further speedwork on it.

4 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Look after yourself young lady!

I hear that you might be doing the 5k on Sunday? If so, do you mind if I follow you down in the car - I have no idea how to get there and fancied giving it a whirl...

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a wise move Lulu - a big tick in the 'not overdoing it' column for you young lady :-)

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Lulu, are you a young lady? OK, I'll go with the majority... very sensible young lady.

Are you sending out invitations for the big house CR party?

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Clairie said...

The hips would have to be the most annoying injury I think.

Take care of them...I know how tight and painful they can make everyday life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home