Tuesday, January 02, 2007

First SWEAT of the year

I found it hard to sleep last night but still managed to wake up before the alarm went off at 5.30 to get up to go to SWEAT.

A big turnout for the first session of the year and everyone keen to get moving in the damp Sydney morning. The usual drills and strides and then off to our various start points. I had 5 600s on the programme but after the drills and strides my hip/itb was already complaining a bit so I let Sean know that I'd do what I could before I fell apart.

One rep at 3.15 and the knee started to complain so I stretched it out during the next rep and then joined my group for the 3rd rep 3.14. I knew it was probably silly to continue so I spent the next rep stretching and then headed back to the pavilion and waited for Mr lulu to stop flying around the park.

My hips a bit sore now and it was probably very optimistic to think it would put up with speed work at this stage. Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism though! A little more tlc is required so I'll stick to the gym tomorrow and try a slow run on Thursday. I should be OK if I stick to slow running and we'll call it low heart rate training to make it sound better.

15 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

well - it seems that everyone who is anyone is into low heart rate training so you could be onto a good thing :)

take care of your hip young lady - rest up etc etc - you know the drill!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Keep those optimism levels up and the heartrate down lulu.

Nice to see you straight back into it - well done.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

OOhhh, look after that hip Lulu! Well done on getting to SWEAT this morning, I would have struggled with the weather even if I wasn't feeling like a litle old lady today LOL

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Good stuff braving the rain Lulu. I hope all that pesky hip needs is a little TLC.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Slow running is good running - don't get sucked in by all the fliers :-)

Gnome

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jen said...

The back of the pack is where all the cool kids hang out ;-)

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Low HR training is very scientific. I hope you manage to do it well Lulu. Keep the TLC happening.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Take care Lulu - nothing wrong with easing your way back - HRT or just running slowly - it is all good.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I appreciated your cheers!!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Nice your running year started.

WIsh you many sweating days :D

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

All accounts from those practicing low HR training sound positive!!
Happy 2007 :)

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Why do the knees complain so often? I am very upset with them. Take care and go for a wonderful running 2007.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Happy New Year to you Lulu.

Us Dragons should be hitting our prime vis a vis distance running within the next decade starting now so let's make the most of it!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Best of luck with 07 Lulu. Good to see your straight back into it. :)

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Well done to you and Steve on co-hosting the CR summer series 5km at Centennial Park.

Optimistically looking forward to chasing you around Centennial Park next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home