Saturday, December 16, 2006

Finally...

I've managed to get out of bed and go for a run. After SWEAT on Tuesday I've been hiding in the gym, doing pilates and using the elliptical running machine. Friday I had a small over-hang from the meat industry Christmas party (I ate fish just to be naughty!).

This morning there were no more excuses to be had, and I'm scared of the wrath of 2P, so I headed down to the park to do an outside loop. Didn't feel too bad for the first half but started to tire a bit on the way back home. My legs don't feel great still. It's a strange feeling where I know I should be able to run faster but my legs don't seem to want to play and any hill feels quite mountainous. It's better than last weekend and Tuesday but still not fully recovered from the half. Hope it doesn't take too much longer as it's rather tedious!

Another 9.7 and an hour on the road in the bank. Looking forward to a run tomorrow with most of the girl posse (minus Jen_runs and Sekhmet) followed by the SWEAT christmas brunch.

3 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Yes Lulu

it is strange we sometimes doubt our fitness before a race but taking some time off after a race shows us how fit we were and how easy it is to get out of form. Keep at it and you'll be soon cruising over those hills again.

Thanks for the advice on the achilles, I've not heard it and I will try it. Any excuse to wrap myself in plastic!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

hehe - i can't believe you had fish!!!

see you bright and early tomorrow :)

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

aki's smiles are appearing everywhere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home