Thursday, November 23, 2006

Mini break

Back to SWEAT this morning after having 3 days rest... outrageous! It's not as bad as it sounds as I only missed one session as Monday and Weds are rest days anyway at the moment. I had a very early start on Tuesday and so had to try and do my track session on my own. I was up and out at 5.30 but after only about 300 metres I pulled the pin. My niggles were all complaining and I felt exhausted and with the CC half only 10 days away I reasoned that getting there uninjured was more important. Instead I did 4kms walking around the beaches which at least woke me up and helped get the legs moving.

Today it was back to hills with up to 7 reps of Wild Wally on the programme. Two achievements this morning; a WW PB of 3.37 on the first rep and I managed 6 rather than 5 reps. Yay me! I was still near the back of the pack and the rest of the reps were slower; 3.49, 3.50, 3.55 and then I sat out a rep to get some recovery. Final two reps were 3.50 and 3.51.

Felt good afterwards and feel the decision to have a few days rest has really paid off, my enery is improved and my legs felt really good this morning.

11 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger miners said...

would have been nice doing the beach walk on Tuesday - I expect the weather was gorgeous all up and down the coast :)

Great to see you getting out for some strong reps today. Lets hope it all falls into place for CC!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

glad everything is feeling good! sunday i am at my course unfortunately but will be doing 1 hour at 6/6.30ish if you are keen... sean said it should only be an easy 1hr before CC - sure you have to do 1hr40???

x

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Good on you for listening to your body Lulu. I'm sure you'll fly at CC! See you tomorrow

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice and consistent reps lulu - well done.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Shane said...

Looks like the lazing about done wonders ;-) Just joking.


Nice consistent running Lulu, gotta be happy with the PB aswell.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Well done on WWally PB.

Ellie looks on the money with the 1 hour run pre-CC half.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Clairie said...

Amazing what benefits we actually get from a rest rather than a run isn't it?? Might even be evidence for us to have more regular rest days...not that we are ever going to!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pleased that you're making sure of "rest" in your training, Lulu...3 days & you'll be all the better for it "in the long run"!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Great to hear that all is going well with your CC preparation - not long to go now.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Yay you! Good strength fitness there Lulu.

That long run over in WA was solid. I think you'll surprise yourself at CC.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Lulu

Don't tell anyone but I dropped all but one session the week before a race a year or so ago and I was able to run that race pretty well.

I heard Hal Higdon say that the best race he ever ran as a masters runner was one that came after a couple of weeks total rest because of a horse riding accident.

Your going to fly your next race.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home