Tuesday, November 14, 2006

On track

Donning my bright white new shoes I headed down to the park for the SWEAT session. A nice big crowd, including some of the girls who run at my pace so I had plenty of company this morning.

10 x300s on the programme and after the warm up and drills I started to feel quite good.
First lap was 1.28 and that's pretty much where they stayed except for the last one :)
1.28, 1.30, 1.29, 1.28, 1.27, 1.27, 1.30, 1.29, 1.28, 1.22

Very pleased with the pacing and felt good throughout and had enough left to go for the last one.. probably means I should have worked harder on the first few.

Went to see the super-pod yesterday to try and get to the bottom of the tib post niggle. My shoes are overcorrecting a tad on the left which is why new shoes were required. Same ones as they seem to be OK for the first 500kms. I tried running without the orthotics but I'm still not quite strong enough for that so I'll stick with what I've got. He feels that the tib post is doing a lot of work to stabilise which is why it's getting so tight so it's more strengthening exercises for me to see if I can resolve it. It's not serious just a minor niggle!

5 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

bugger - just lost my comment somehow. will just say - good to see you and will endeavour to be cheerier and perkier next training session!! and nice consistency - i like our little group!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger miners said...

looks like you and ellie were keeping each other company on some of those reps :)

better watch those white shoes too - Nat will have words with you!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger 2P said...

WOW those splits are fantastic well done lulu ;-)

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

1:26 looks like a good average to aim for.

A pretty good session after the big weekend in Orange. I was impressed you ran straight past the car to continue your long run!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Sorry I missed you guys this morning - a combo of feeling poorly and a late night at U2 saw me sleeping in.....

I'll definately be there on Thursday though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home