Sunday, October 29, 2006

It's hard work.....

... getting fit and keeping up the momentum. A few times this week I've wanted to stay in bed but have managed to keep up all my intended sessions.

Thurs: The hardest Pilates class I've ever done. Jen_runs and I were expecting sore abs the next day, but strangely mine never arrived. Note to self; don't do the advanced Pilates class when you haven't done many classes in the last month!

Fri: A rest day from running so I headed to the gym, did 20 mins on the elliptical thingie, my weights programme and then a Spin class. Felt pretty good after all that and staggered home.
Spin seems to have upset my left itb a bit though so will stick to the elliptical trainer instead for extra cardio I think.

Sat: No CR challenge for me as I'm nursing those niggles. Instead I headed out for 40 mins around the park and back up the hill. Felt a bit tired but managed to push up the hill on the way home for a total of 6.3km.

Spent the rest of the day watching horses doing all the work at the races at Rosehill. Sadly, I couldn't get in touch with the racing genes ( my grandfather was a race horse trainer) and we came home out of pocket, with me only managing to pick one winner all day.

Sun: Felt tired the minute I woke up and the start of daylight saving didn't help. Fortunately there was only 90 mins on the programme today so I intended to do a more hilly course. I started off down to the park but knew it was going to be a hard day so decided to stick to an easier course than I'd originally planned and just did one loop through the middle of the park and a couple of laps of the inside fence before heading back down to Randwick gate and then back up Clovelly road. I used all sorts of little goals to keep myself moving today. First, it was just get to an hour and see how you feel, then it was just do 12km and see how you feel, then it was just get to 1000 cals and see you how you feel, then it was well you can do the 13km now then, and then it was done. I was back at home 13km in 1 hr 26 mins. Glad that's over and tomorrow's a rest day.

8 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Keep the faith sister - you are doing great ;-)

My Grandfather was a jockey :-)

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Jen said...

LOL. My abs weren't sore either. Obviously we weren't trying hard enough!

(*kidding*)

Lovely to catch up with you again!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger R2B said...

Oh your a busy busy lady!

Better than being bored though!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger miners said...

wow - after the opening sentence or two, I was worried - but that's a huge effort to still keep yourself going when you're struggling with the motivation. Congrats on the commitment - I could do with some of that (you can keep your horse tips though)

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Yes it is hard. In this or other way. At this moment I feel like I am not training as hard as before... always we have to watch all the details and struggle!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Now the rest day's almost over.

I'm impressed by how you handled that long run - especially switching to an easier course at the last moment.

Looks like you're on a winner with your training :)

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Gee, you made that sound like hard work.

I'm converting my program to calories targets now. Just trying to callibrate the $9.95 wrist-watch.

How's Steve going? Can we have a weekly 'Letter from Mr Lulu' in your blog? I'm sure the readers would enjoy it.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Good on you Lulu. It isn't easy keeping up with all the hard work we have to do if we want to run and stay fit. But its fun. Kinda.

What's your tip for the Melbourne Cup ... so I know what not to back ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home