Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Easing back into it

Just about over the jet lag now but we still couldn't get out of bed early this morning so running took place at lunchtime.

I took the car down to Centennial park and did an outside loop plus a bit of Queen's Park to make it up to 7km. My legs felt nice and fresh after a week off running and a massage with ET yesterday afternoon; a definite cure for jetlag!

He was a little surprised the mess I'd made of my calves but nothing an hour of gripping the massage table won't fix. They didn't feel too bad today, except a niggle appeared in my achilles which I haven't had for ages. No doubt we'll be chasing the niggles around my calves until they recover from all that hill and stair climbing in Italy.

Now, I have 8 weeks left until the central coast half. I was going to do the Fitzroy Falls 10km this weekend but as I'm nursing a few niggles I think I'll give it a miss, possibly do the 5km out at SMC on Sunday depending on how my legs feel after doing SWEAT on Thursday.

I managed to not put on any weight while I was away, and am now intent on losing a few more kilos before the half marathon; 5kgs would be nice and is probably achievable in 8 weeks, so it's back to the protein shakes and giving wine a miss. I did drink plenty of lovely wine in Italy to keep me going for a few weeks.

I'll add a few more pics over the next few days. Blogger is playing up now and won't load them.

5 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Welcome home!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

It's a different fitness walking around Rome dodging cars and scooters.

Some reds are high in protein if shaken first.
Looking forward to the photos.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger 2P said...

You know they have red wine at the aid stations after 32k at some European marathons.

8 weeks is plenty of time to sharpen up for CC Half lulu.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Clairie said...

Good luck on the weight loss Lulu.

I'm sure if you add an extra session or two a week and keep an eye on the diet intake you should still be able to enjoy life (by that I mean a glass of wine or two each week).

Then again some people (like me) work best with the All or nothing approach.

Make sure you chart your progress here - we'll keep you honest and working hard!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

I enjoyed reading your Italian posts - nice to dream, but no O/S trips for me for a while!
Good to see you're back into it and preparing for the CC half.
I had trouble loading multiple pics on blogger. Finally got it to work by doing them one at a time, but had to load them in reverse order to how I wanted them to appear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home