Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Wet and wild wedding weekend

I arrived back from Tamworth on Thursday night and was heading back out of Sydney on Friday morning to the wedding of the Evil Twin Sister in Blackheath in the Blue Mountains. Not much running took place as you probably couldn't imagine worse weather for a wedding; especially one being held outside/in a marquee on the edge of the escarpment in the mountains.

After a bit of a restless night on the Friday night thinking about all the things that needed to happen and worrying about the weather I got up at 7 and headed out for a run. I knew from previous visits to the ETS' house in Mount Victoria that there is a path that runs alongside the railway from Mt Vic to Blackheath and so I headed up there. I ran out for about 20 mins in the cold rain before turning around when the path started getting very rough and a bit slippery and I thought that probably the last thing the bride needed was for her matron of honour to break a leg on the morning of the wedding. I probably would have died of hypothermia before any found me as well as I didn't tell anyone where I was off to! Mr lulu would have known but he was staying at the wedding venue.

The wedding was fantastic despite the usual few little glitches, such as one of the wedding cars not turning up in time, missing bridal jewellery, and the flower boy's flowers not to mention the gale force wind, horizontal rain and 3 degrees C weather!

Mr lulu was very disciplined and headed out on Sunday morning and did his two hours whilst I had more Matron of Honour duties in organising a breakfast barbie for the guests who were still staying either at the venue or in the area.

We finally arrived back in Sydney yesterday mid morning and I struggled through the day, had a massage as well as coffee with Easy Tiger and Go Girl before collapsing into bed at 5.30pm and sleeping through until 5.30 this morning.

I was not expecting too much from myself at SWEAT this morning for the track session. I had 1.8km , 2x400 and 1 x 600 reps. The strides and drills seemed hard work this morning as did the first few laps. I seemed to get back into a rhythm finally with the second 400 which was quicker than the first and felt easier.

Times were 9.51, 2.00, 1.58 and 3.02. Lots of room for improvement and I watched Ellie disappearing into the distance this morning, looking very strong for her first half at the weekend. Go Ellie!

6 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

aw thanks - i was just showing off cause i hadn't seen you in a while :)

Also pleased you didn't have any blue mountains running accidents!

the strides were hard this morning... but i say that every time. see you soon!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Sounds like a lovely wedding despite the weather. Hope we get to see some pics :-)

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Sounds like a huge weekend - no wonder you slept so long. I'm impressed at you getting up to go to SWEAT.

TA

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Good on you getting into SWEAT after such a gruelling weekend. Nice one lulu ;-)

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

It was freezing here in town on the weekend, must have been cool up there in the mountains.

Big sleep; no doubt after a blinder at the wedding reception.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Looking forward to our strategic meeting on Thursday. I only hope I can keep up with you. Would be bad if the pacer/company-keeper couldn't keep up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home