Thursday, August 17, 2006

The reincarnation of Garth

A quick trip to Gladesville yesterday to see the Garmin men and after slipping them $100 they slipped me a replacement Garth. I couldn't persuade them to upgrade Garth to a x05 but I'm happy with the outcome.

This morning we set off to see if we could run some hills and set off on the two beaches course. Well I started out OK but after about 15 mins we started to feel the lack of energy so I walked for a bit before running through the cemetery and down to Bronte beach. Then it was up to the gully and I walked up the stairs. I am beginning to feel a bit better but obviously not 100% and I hate that feeling of every step being a major effort. A lot of my running was like that last year and it's not much fun so hopefuly the drugs will kick in a few weeks and I'll be back to normal.
Today - 3.8km @6.30 pace and hard work!

4 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger miners said...

was it your lack of energy you felt or those of garth? glad to know he was fixed, well - replaced. How good would it be if you could do that to all under-performing partners ;)

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

You will be back in the swing of things before you know it Lulu.

Looking forward to your visit to the sunshine state.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Those hills are deadly around the cemetery. Hang in there, it'll come.

Looking forward to the reincarnation of Lulu at SWEAT.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Clairie said...

We all feel the lethargy and crapness in our off days Lulu.

Fingers crossed you get the thyroid sorted out and it affects you less and less.

In the meantime i applaud you for getting out there and running when it does feel so tough and motivation must be low. It means so much more than a fit person going out for a run.

Take care of yourself and we'll see you when you are up this way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home