Friday, July 28, 2006

A chilly, hilly one

Well it was slightly chilly and a slightly hilly run. I managed to get out of bed at 6am with a bit of prompting from Mr lulu. I'm finding it so hard to get up these days, either it's old age or I'm just out of practise.

I headed down to Centennial Park as it was getting light and did a section of the path before heading back up Darly Road and then up Clovelly Road which is where the hills came in. A nice long climb and then a few ups and downs before a long down to Arden Street. I then had to face the climb up Arden Street. I didn't quite make it all the way up to Macpherson St before I ran out of steam but it was better than I expected. All up just over 7km in 44 mins at an average pace of 6.15 which is not bad considering my lack of fitness.

A few twinges here and there but nothing serious and felt great when I got home. My left adductor is a bit tender now but nothing a few stretches won't fix I don't think. Happy days.

10 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger PortRunr said...

It's always a bit harder to get going in the dark and cold of a winter morning for us all!
Wonderful to see a successful road run complete :)

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Nice run Lulu. Good to see your on the mend. :)

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Sounds like a great job, yes, more, many of this happy days!

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice effort this morning Lulu. Sounds like I will see you back at SWEAT soon.

wildthing

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

these hills are catching!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

i'm sorry - i thought you had lost some fitness?? 6.15's are pretty fast for a mid week run in my book!!!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

And is Mr Lulu finding it hard to get up these days? Old-age or lack of practise?

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Nice to see pains get little mention these days Lulu!

Cheers R2B

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Good to see you f**king running again Lulu!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

What Jen said!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home