Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Post holiday blues

Yesterday I was definately suffering from post-holiday blues. I didn't want to get out of bed and felt tired and de-motivated and everything seemed to be sore. After trying to catch up with some work at home I finally dragged myself into the city, did a Pilates class and 45 mins cardio before going to see Easy Tiger. He worked the usual miracles, gave me a stern talking to (nearly as good as DJ!) and sent me on my way with some new goals for the year.

So feeling a bit more like my usual self and a bit more cheerful (despite the poor old Socceroos loss) I headed out this morning for a easy 40 mins. It took a bit of negotiating with Mr lulu to get out of the door with an agreed plan of walking as soon as anything started hurting before I had his blessing to do 40 mins. Thanks goodness I was more awake than him as his negotiation skills are better than mine normally!

Off I trotted kitted out in in my new CR cap and a pair of gloves to keep me warm and headed down to Centennial for my normal 40 min route. Everything felt great, probably the best for ages so obviously some rest topped off by an Easy Tiger massage has paid off. 40 mins included walking up part of the hill from the park; don't want to push my luck at this stage.

Now I just have to not break anything for at least 6 months and get some solid training in so I can achieve some goals. Fingers crossed!

14 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Friar said...

This morning again it's brrrr in Canberra. Below Zero and frosts.

Waiting until noon to run around Lake Ginninderra 7km.

Hope it's warm in Sydney for the City to Surf.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Welcome back Lulu! You mightn't be happy to be back but I bet all your running buddies are glad you are :-)

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Yay - we are so happy to have you back! We will have to catch up soon - even if just to have a coffee. in fact i will send you an email!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Easy Tiger's tongue lashings makes me seem so soft and sensitive. I wish I was an alpha male like him.

Good negotiating tactics while Mr Lulu is half asleep.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Welcome back Lulu! Its good to have you back. Sounds like you had a great time and i can fully understand you experiencing post-holiday blues. But before you know it you'll feel like you never went away -sad, but treu.

At least you've experienced another summer, even if it was on the other side of the world. I'm freezing my butt, fingers, nose, etc off here in chilly Canberra!

Any more photos?

Have booked accommodation for City to Surf - will be staying at the Avillion in Pitt St. Must catch up - maybe the Lindt Cafe!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger miners said...

hey hang on! Where are these 6-monthly goals?

Great to hear you made your way through the 40 minutes so well lovey - but I'm hungry to find out just what is on the horizon for snowflake for the remainder of the year :)

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Lulu said "Now I just have to not break anything for at least 6 months and get some solid training in so I can achieve some goals."

Ok so when you find the magic formula, be sure to share ! ;)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Nice to "see" you back, even though you may feel otherwise! A few runs will soon have you over those blues :)

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Tesso is right!! I am glad your back... I feel like I have not seen you for AGES!!! Definately in need of a catch up. I will send you an email and we can negotiate a plan of action ;-) Great to hear your 40mins went well.... can't wait to have you back.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Jen said...

... did I hear the word "Lindt"
;-)

So lovely to have you back. I'm sure that your body appreciated & needed the rest over the last few weeks & is ready to settle down & let you train to your heart's desire...

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Welcome back! :-)

Gnome

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

All these comments. I can't believe how popular you are. I think I saw Mr Lulu in the distance this morning.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger strewth said...

Way to go Lulu! Welcome back and do hope you're experiencing warmer mornings than way below minus temps that we're suffering in Canberra. Look forward to seeing you at the City to Surf in August.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Wooohooo welcome back lulu - the way I'm going I may need you to pace me to a sub 60min 10k when you are up to it ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home