Monday, May 22, 2006

Lulu does Colac

Unfortunately, Mr lulu's calf still wasn't good enough to run the half yesterday so we stayed at home. He went out on his bike and I headed down to Centennial for a slightly longer run. I did a loop of the outside and it was one of those days when it's hard work. I think it was the effects of a late night and a few glasses of red. I was quite relieved to see the car again.

My left knee is still not 100% as it seems to start niggling after about 30 mins so I think I'll be sticking to some shorter runs again for a few weeks as well as keeping up the physio exercises. It's a good thing we'll be on holiday and I can try and use the next 4 weeks to get it 100% so I can commence proper training when I get back.

Now I'm in Colac running a training course so I'll be doing a short run around the streets of Colac tomorrow morning.

7 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

How wonderful to take four weeks off... But I bet you will run there, just take it easy and enjoy!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

only 2 more sleeps now!! hope you carve up the roads at colac and get on the plane in perfect condition! (and on time!)

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, your holiday is getting so close. Sounds like its perfect timing for the two of you, I'm sure you'll return to our shores totally injury free.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Sorry to hear Mr lulu's calf was still kerfrutz.

Now all we need is for you to start thinking about running for 6 days in Colac....

;-)

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Hope you have a great holiday and everything heals up nicely for your return. I'm sure you running shoes will still get some use over the next month :)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Aki said...

Lulu - I hope your holiday is great fun and we look forward to hearing about your next running adventures!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Missed you on Sunday Lulu. :(

You could try carrying bags of concrete in a backpack while you're down there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home