Saturday, May 20, 2006

A week in view!

I can't believe I've been absent for a week. Partly due to not running much, travelling for work and being busy in the run up to the holiday.

What have I done this week in the way of exercise? Well not much really. Two pilates classes and a 5km run. The good news being that my legs have enjoyed the rest. The physio is happy with my progress and thinks we have everything under control so I can go ahead and break myself again now ;) Mainly due to Easy Tiger and his wonder hands I am feeling pretty good. Nothing like a bit of rest I suppose.

I will try a longer run tomorrow at some stage. I'm not sure at the moment if Mr lulu is running the half or not. His left calf is still pretty sore and having just returned to full training from last year's half marathon dnf he is reluctant to repeat the process this year. He's going for a test run in the morning but at this stage he's thinking he's less than a 50% chance of starting.

So if he doesn't run then we won't be there to cheer either I'm afraid as I have to leave for Colac on Sunday afternoon and have to do all my packing for the London/Venice trip before I leave as I arrive back from Colac at 8am on Weds and we leave for London at 3.50pm.. Let's just hope Qantas have their act together or I will be seriously stressed. Everything is pretty well organised with the house-sitters arranged and all those other pre-trip chores completed.

Good luck to everyone running either the SMH half or Warwick this weekend. I look forward to reading all the race reports.

4 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

well fingers crossed for Mr Lulu's successful recovery by tomorrow morning! good luck getting packed and making it back in time to get on your plane - i'm sure there'll be no problem at all. I will train hard so that I can nearly keep up with you when you get back! have a great time!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Are you getting excited yet? I would be!

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

If Mr Lulu doesn't run then you'll have to strap on his timing chip and go for it; the results could record a pb.

Have a good trip.

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

This will be a very busy week for you!
Now that you are busy and don't run better to think of it like a rest that will end finally with all sort of niggles.

Have great holidays!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home