Saturday, April 29, 2006

Rainy 40 mins

It started to rain as soon as I stepped foot outside the door this morning so I popped back inside for a cap and then set off.

Down through Queen's Park I exchanged G'days Sean who had yet another group of people going through pain and then into Centennial Park. Up around the lake through the middle and home for my standard 40 min loop. I must develop a different 40 min loop one day! Took it nice and easy as this is fifth run of the week and the first time I've done that for some time.

The odd twinge from the right knee and a bit of rubbing on the blister is all I can muster in complaints today!

Congrats to Jen_runs on a fine 5km performance this morning. She's back!

Just back from watching Mr lulu race in the cross country 4km race; his first in the Randwick Botany Harriers colours. He truned in a respectable time of 15.22 for the 4km and felt pretty good until the last 1km when he started to fade. The first 1 and 2 places were taken by Sean's Randwick Harrier fast boys; the winner's time was 11.17 and they certainly fly. The boys kindly put on a good show for me before the race. I was sitting on a bench near the Randwick Harriers Tent when the boys arrived and proceeded to strip off and change in front of me. Good thing Mr lulu was off doing his warm up whilst Bad lulu enjoyed the show :)

Food:
B: Banana smoothie
MT: half cherry/choc protein bar
L: Black forest PS
AT: nuts and seed mix
D: Duck salad, pork belly on lentils and cabbage and 1/2 a fig plus a few glasses of wine. We were out for dinner with some friends.

9 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, not every day can you see a show like that one, Lulu!! Great to read that you have only a blister in today's complaints department!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Thank you lovely :-)

PS Remind me to come with you the next time Mr Lulu is racing -to keep you company of course ;-)

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Naughty, naughty Lulu. Now if you'd had your pom poms handy you could have made sure you protected their modesty.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Katie said...

They fly those randwick boys thats for sure! See you tommorow!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Sounds like a great show Lulu ;)

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Minor complaints is good...didn't strain an eye?! :P I know what you mean about the 40 min loop. I've got a few worked out now depending on whether I want a flatrun , early hills, late hills or steep hills, etc!!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

All good news. The Lulus are going from strength to strength.

Bad Lulu will have to sign up with the harriers.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger 2P said...

5 runs in a week wooohoooo - AND a cross training session working out the optic nerve ;-) Good week!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Glad you enjoyed the show but I suggest you look for some triathletes next time :-)

TA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home