Thursday, April 13, 2006

3 in a row

After a late and boozy night ( my first for ages) with the Evil Twin Sister, planning her wedding I didn't run until lunch time. As this was my third day in a row I just wanted to do a short easy run so headed back to Queen's Park.

Legs felt great with no itb problems and the rest of them feeling quite loose and relaxed. This is consistent with my theory that three days after a massage I really feel the benefit. This seems to happen each time I see Easy Tiger.

My only concern was the slight twinge in my dodgy right knee which went when I stopped and walked for a few minutes.

I now have a new programme based on advice from Sean which gives me 8 weeks to build my base before returning to full on SWEAT training. Fingers crossed that is the end of my niggles!

Food:
B: Banana smoothie
MT: lemon protein bar; new flavour and very nice
L: As brekkie
AT: Cottage Cheese, apple and 3 oat cakes
D:

10 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

haha a boozy wednesday!! nice work!! have a great easter :)

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Sounds like a good program lulu not many girls have an ambition to SWEAT ;-)

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Wooow!! Looking forward to hear about this new training!!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger miners said...

great to see the foodie stuff is back into the blog. But what went into the banana smoothie? You girls with your lack of details ...

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good idea to base build first.
Have a good easter.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Fingers are crossed for you Lulu. Hate to see it take too long before you are suffering at SWEAT once again.

Thanks soooooooo much for the cheers and support on the weekend. Its amazing just how much the cheersquad helped me not just while I was running, but also to make me not be down on myself for pulling out when I did. I wonder what's gonna happen when all the cheersquad are running the marathon with us.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lulu, so good to see you standing by the roadside in Canberra last Sunday...lifted my spirits as well as my feet to hear your words of encouragement. Hope I see you again at the SMH Half Marathon!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

I'm crossing as many fingers as possible Lulu. 2006 is meant to be the niggle free year.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Any easter eggs or egg smoothies on your travels?

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger R2B said...

So good that your injury woes may finally be over.
Now get out there and SWEAT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home