Monday, April 10, 2006

Another cheering weekend

Saturday afternoon Mr lulu was taking part in a 6km cross country race at Mutch Park. We packed up our stuff for the Canberra trip in the rental car (still no replacement lulumobile, but it's coming) and headed to the park.

Mr lulu did a quick warm up and was joined by training partners Don Juan and Royworlds. Sean lined everyone up and off they went. This was quite a tough little course with three laps up and down a couple of quite big hills and then they disapeared into the distance before returning back to the start. Sean was leading the pack and some young guns were up there with him. Royworlds and DJ pulled away from Mr lulu on the second lap and Mr lulu finished in 24.55. Not bad considering he's still on the comeback trial. Unfortunately he now has a sore adductor so hopefully it's nothing more than a niggle that Easy Tiger can fix on Weds. It was fun cheering on in a small race for a change.

After that we headed down to Canberra for a serious cheering effort and the Canberra marathon.

We arrived about 6.30 had a rest and then a lovely dinner at Ottoman. I'm not sure the baklava I ate was on the diet menu but it was very yummy!

Sunday Mr lulu headed out for his long run and walked up to the start of the marathon. As I reached the first corner of the course the runners came down.. perfect timing! I cheered on everyone and then headed off to find the rest of the cheersquad who had been at the start and were making their way to my position when the runners passed by 4 times. It was great to see so many Coolrunners out there and to see my running buddies out on the course.

Lots of great performances but the highlights for me were :
  • Seeing Uncle Dave powering along to a 2.40 finish
  • Clairie's amazing 3.23.xx finish and the look on her face as she headed down the finishing chute; priceless
  • CJ's incredible 13 minute pb to finish in 3.26. We had a lovely catch up and coffee and I handed over the promised Lindt chocolate
  • Seeing my SWEAT gals achieve their goals and all come in around 3.50 and making it look easy; brilliant and very inspirational.
We had to head back to Sydney so I didn't see Luckly Legs finish in her record breaking 50kms attempt but it was fantastic to see her out on the course. Well done LL; you're even more of a legend now. 76 years young and a real inspiration to me and many others.

I was so inspired by all this success that I managed to sleep in this morning and miss my intended run. I've just returned from Easy Tiger sporting some lovely new paw prints. Can't wait to see them blossom in the next few days. Good thing I'm not in the habit of wearing short skirts.

Food wise I've had a pretty good week despite the travelling and have stuck mostly to the plan. The main exception being Saturday dinner but even then I didn't go too mad.
Weight loss
loss this week .3kg (total lost 3kgs) slow but steady progress.

All in all a great running weekend. Now I better get my act together and do some running myself tomorrow!

7 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Wow, It's amazing you get a chance to do any running yourself with trips to Qld slotted in amongst cheering throughout the Blue Mountains, Port Macquarie, Sydney and Canberra!! Great effort - you must be itching to get out there in the morning after watching so much over the weekend :)

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

About time we all got out there to give you a cheer.

'Warm & Fuzzy DJ' will be out at training tomorrow.

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Nice weekend you had!

Funny inspiration works the wrong way! Maybe you was dreaming you was running!!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Sorry it was a really quick catch up on the weekend but I wanted to tell you how great you looked - very stylish and the hard food work is definately working :-). May need some hints.

TA

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger strewth said...

Thank you so much for your support at the marathon. The cheer squad out there and all the CR community was just fantastic. Hope we have the opportunity to cheer for you one day!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Looks like your cheer squading is well appreciated!
Good on you Lulu and thanks for your sympathy.I would like a copy of that deep water running program.Tah

R2B

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Glad you didn't sweat too much with all that cheering on Sunday Lulu.

I'm in Sydney for the half in May so I'll look out for you if you're there. I remember you from the 2005 Blackmore's cheering on the Cahill Expressway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home