Friday, April 07, 2006

Maroochy river run

The Queensland niggles seem to be leaving me alone today. From my strangely named WunPalm Motel in Maroochydore I found the path that ran alongside the Maroochy river. I wasn't sure how long I was going for as I wanted to see how things felt. After 5 mins or so I felt pretty good with just a slight twinge in dodgy knee which went away.

I headed out for 15 mins at an easy pace and then decided to do a faster return. I set Garth to pace me at 6.05/km which was slightly faster than what I did last week and set off. Past the first km in 5.38 , so my pacing was out but I decided to just keep on at that sort of pace and see what happened. Next km in 5.42 and then the final 700m in 5.28 pace. So about 2.7km in an average of 5.36 pace. I'm not sure I could have kept it up for that much longer but it's not bad considering the limited training I've been doing. Pretty happy with that and even more happy with the fact that there wasn't much grumbling from the niggles and the left itb that Easy Tiger really worked on this week is feeling a million times better.

Food:
B:Tropical PS
MT: missed as I was in deep conversation with the police
L: Salmon fillet and a small salad, glass of riesling and decaf coffee
AT: choc peanut protein bar
D:Vanilla orange PS

3 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Wow lulu - we will need to get you a cape with The Maroochy Moocher printed on it.

If you keep getting quicker is there any chance you can pace me to a 10k pb ;-)

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Oh, that is such a nice run along the Maroochy River!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Sounds like a good run.

That must have been an arresting conversation with the police.

You might be able to hail a blue-light taxi to give you a lift for the next run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home