Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Misty Tuesday

My programme for today was to 30 mins with the second 15 mins at 15km race pace. I had no idea what 15km race pace should but according to Mcmillan running calculator it is 6.07/km. Seems reasonable I thought so I headed down to my regular haunt of Queen's Park. It was a bit spooky this morning as it was very misty down in the park and I couldn't see more than 20 metres ahead or me at times. It was lovely and cool though. I'm enjoying running on these nice cool mornings.

I did 15 mins at an easy pace and then set Garth to pace me for 15 mins at 6.07 pace. We set off around the oval at the top of Queen's park doing about 3 1/2 laps of the area. It's not totally flat so it was good practice to keep the pace up even on the incline up section and then recover a bit on the way back. Garth kept telling me I was ahead and the first km went by in 6.02, a bit quick so I eased back a little bit. At the end of the workout I had done 15 mins at 6.08 so pretty good pacing. I enjoyed this workout as I felt like I was working reasonably hard but not flogging myself. A slight niggle in the right achilles that went away again and a slight twinge in the bad knee but that went away again too. It's all good :)

Food:
B:Vanilla berry PS
MT: Protien bar

L: Black forest PS
At: Sculpt bar
Post pilates snack: 1 corn cake with cottage cheese and a plum
Dinner: 2 lamb cutlets, roast pumpkin, zucchini and a glass of semillon, yoghurt.

7 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

it IS all good! i'm glad the niggles stayed dormant. i think i will have to diversify into queens park soon just for a change of scenery!

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great session.

I must get myself one of those garmin thingies.

wt

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Mr Lulu is very stoic. Back at training after the car accident.

It was very spooky this morning doing it in the dark. Lots of new spooky people at sweat too.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work again lulu - there is no stopping you now ;-)

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I second DJ... very spooky people :-)

Good on you Lulu! And next time don;t be shy... tell me what you think ;-)
See what a mad hubbie I have :-)

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Aki said...

Good to hear the niggles aren't too bad, your run sounded good.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

It is like this injuries don't dissapear completely never or they?

Spooky, well but at least fresh, keep enjoying!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home