Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday's moment of truth

No running today; itb was a tiny bit tight this morning so I thought rather than aggravate it I'd postpone until tomorrow after I'd seen Easy Tiger today. He's pretty happy with the progress. He was concerned that with running more I'd be undoing all his good work in between but I'm still improving each time he sees me which is good news. It still hurts though and he decided to go for a record number of bruises today :)

Apart from that it was the monday weigh in:
Weight lost this week 1.2kgs (total 2.3kgs); this is good news although I suspect some is fluid rather than fat as the other measures haven't changed. Still I'll take it!

I'm finding it easy to keep to my progamme at the moment and am not feeling hungry in between meals which is good. I've even stopped craving wine and chocolate... still dying for a decent coffee but I'll think I'll wait until I'm cheering at Canberra in three weeks and have celebratory coffee and some chocolate with CJ.

To answer some questions some of you have asked recently:
Q: What is a Bounce protein ball A: a tasty snack, in the shape of a ball made of nuts and things. No sugar but a good energy hit and very tasty. Jen_runs sampled one when we were at 6ft and was quite impressed. I buy mine in the health food shop.

Q: What's the VMO? A: It's not what DJ said, but is the vastus medialis obliquus muscle. I need stronger ones as they are the cause of my knee problems. It stabilises the knee cap and helps it track properly. Weak VMOs can also be a cause of itb and or adductor issues as they are doing more stablising to compensate. That's why I'm doing all my VMO strengthening exercises and I do believe they are beginning to come alive!

Food:
B: Banana smoothie
MT: Sculpt bar and some almonds
L: Banana smoothie
AT: Walnut and Almond bar
D: Blue eye cod, bok choy and rice.

6 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Well done on the diet. The menu looks good again today.
I can't believe Mr Lulu is still holding out on the wine & food blog.

Thanks for the VMO clarification. Mine comes alive too, a shock & awe.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

I have a question - where do all these protein shakes come from?

I can't wait to get back to SWEAT!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Well done on the weight loss Lulu. Sounds like the pgm is really working for you. Hope I recognise you in Canberra!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Great work with the weight loss lulu - while your at it can you lose some for me too please?

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Yeah Lulu!!! I thought that you looked slimmer at 6ft :-) All your hard work!

I can't wait to meet CJ... she is like my blog soul mate (a faster version).... I might tag along for a coffee if you will have me ;-)

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo - congrats on the weight loss Lulu :-)

Guess what, I finally found my VMO's today. I looked down today and all of a sudden, they have arrived, yippee :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home