Sunday, March 12, 2006

6 foot track et al

Weekend update

Friday night I drove up to the Evil Twin Sister's house in the Blue Mountains for the night. She wasn't there when I got there so a night of drinking was averted :) She did poke her head round my door when she arrived after midnight but I shooed her away and managed to get up and out the door at 6.30am and make my way to the start of the 6ft track.

I met up with Jen_runs, Owl and Go Girl at the start and we chatted to runners and absorbed the atmosphere. The first and second waves were sent off in a blaze of glory for about 100 ms before they all ground to a halt as they started the climb down the stairs. After the third wave had left we headed off for cheersquad refueling at a cafe in Blackheath and then wound our way down to the finish. At least I can say I've been on the track now as we had to park up in the top carpark and walk down to the finish.

Here we found the rest of the cheersquad; Kit, Deanne and Kerrie, and awaited the first runner. Who would it be? We didn't have to wait long before he came charging down the steps and through the finish line; it was Kasper Solberger from Switzerland; that stunned everyone as no-one had ever heard of him. It was a great run though at 3.27, although outside the race record but well infront of Dan Green and Jo Blake who were 2nd and 3rd respectively. Then it was the amazing Emma Murray. She looked like she had just been for a quick jog rather than running 45kms.. truly incredible.

At about 4.12 we looked up and saw a CR cap and there before us was Don Juan, the Cheersquad went wild with excitement at one of our bloggers coming home in such a great time of 4.13! He was swamped with screaming women; hopefully made his effort worth while :) It was a great performance and well deserved after all the training and hard effort following Sean Williams gruelling, but obviously effective, programme. Next in the SWEAT morning squad to arrive was Royworlds who also got a rapturous reception from the Cheersquad; and so it continued. We gave a big cheer for Amjan as she came home looking very comfortable and pleased with her run.. go Amjan! My reporting is highly biased I'm afraid to bloggers and SWEATers!

It was starting to get very warm down at Caves House and I wouldn't have wanted to be out on the track (acutally I wouldn't have wanted to be on the track if it was cool either). We were awaiting the arrival of the valiant 2P who had started despite an itb injury having flared up. We weren''t too worried as we knew he was planning 5.45 or thereabouts and DJ had said he had seen him and he was going OK. Fortunately at around the 6 hour mark he appeared on the stairs to much Cheersquad excitement and he was home safely.

One the final runners had arrived I climbed back up the track to the car park and picked up DJ, Bandanna and the Owl for an entertaining drive from the Caves to Sydney, where I collapsed on the sofa and demanded food!

Thanks to the company of all the cheerers and friends down at the finish; I thoroughly enjoyed.. did it make me want to do it; not on your life but I challenge Kit, she'll do it for me :)


Sunday
After all the excitment of yesterday I taoed my knee and headed out for my paltry 30mins! I headed to my usual Queen's Park location. Mr lulu caught up with me and ran for a few minutes with me before heading to the park and picking up a group of women to run with.. the SWEAT girls were apparently in very good form and looking very strong.

Whilst the girls were doing their amazing 35 kms I was doing my tiny 30 mins but at least I managed it this time. A few loops of the oval in Queen's Park and then I walked home.
Niggle update: knee grumbled when I first set off but was fine once I was on the grass. Left achilles very good (thanks Easy Tiger), now we just have to fix the right one:)

Food update:
Saturday
B:Tropical protein shake
MT:Banana bread, 1 rice cake
L:
Tropical protein shake
AT:choc apricot sculpt bar
D:Small portion of Mr lulu's delicious prawn and dill risotto.

Sun.
B: Banana smoothie
MT:Bounce protein ball
L: Balckforest protein smoothie
AT:Almond bar
D: Rainbow trout with rocket salad, 2 glasses of red wine plus a taste of Mr lulu's entree.

6 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Hope you're eating more for dinner.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Jen said...

T'was lovely to spend Saturday with you Miss Lulu - what a great day!!!

Very pleased to hear that your knee behaved itself this morning - I'm really looking forward to reinstating our weekend runs!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

What an experience Lulu! Its so good to read this and Kit's blog and get the other side of the 6ft story.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

What a fantastic post, is full with energy and emotions.

Great you could watch 2P!!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Good to see you still running Lulu and thanks for your support in the lead up to the Six Foot - much appreciated ;-)

It was great seeing you guys before and after - such a great event.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Good job Lulu.

That Sean - can he coach, or what!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home