Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Resting and eating

I decided to take a rest day today. By the end of yesterday both my left achilles and right knee were giving me grief and so I decided on taking a total rest day to see what happens. Things feel a lot better this evening so hopefully I'll make it through my programmed run tomorrow.

Food:
B: Chocolate protein shake (with low fat soy milk, not ice cream DJ!)
MT: 3 corn crispbreads with cottage cheese
L: Chocolate protein shake. I was in a chocolate kind of mood today.
AT: peach with with low fat yog.
Pre dinner snack: 8 almonds
Dinner: Sherry and tomato braised chicken (1 thigh fillet)

I was feeling quite hungry today and it was an effort not to eat more (hence the almonds whilst I was cooking dinner) but I kept drinking herb tea instead. Seemed to do the trick, but I'd kill for a decent coffee!

5 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

That looks like a pretty tough diet emerging. I wouldn't last long on it.

The sherry would do me in, and it would all be over. They don't even use sherry at Guantanamo Bay.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger R2B said...

diet smiet!Eat the same and exercise more!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I'm in a chocolate mood most days though I don't usually succumb...cos if I did I'd be huuuuuge! I'd kill for a decent coffee too and I haven't given it away. You're a much stronger woman than me Lulu!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Rest is just as important as a run early in a comeback. I get hungry every time I read your blog these days - this isn't a good thing!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger miners said...

I can't believe you're able to count the individual almonds that you snack on! My tally is normally recorded in handfuls :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home