Thursday, February 16, 2006

Being positive!

I'm still here, alive and kicking, but when I put together my schedule for the week I didn't really take into account the fact that I've got a busy work life at the moment, or that I was going to feel absolutely shattered for most of the week. I was hoping Dr Ludka's cocktail would start kicking in but I was being a little too optimistic as she said 3-4 weeks and I have only been on them for a week. I never said I was patient!!

So what have I been up to. Today I went to fantastic morning's conference with Martin Seligman who is the leader in positive psychology research and whose work I use quite a bit in my practice so that was very positive :) and I came away with lots of stuff to use on my poor old clients!

Oh yeah, I did some exercise too:
Monday evening Pilates didn't happen, too tired.

Tuesday I woke up in a panic remembering I had to be in the office early to do a couple of sessions and then get to the airport to fly to Brissie to deliver a half day workshop. Got home at 10pm and collapsed into bed.

Weds: Managed to drag myself down to Queen's Park but my stoopid body wasn't co-operating this morning so I ended up running about 1km then calling it a day and walking the other 3km's on the basis that walking was better than nothing. PM went to Pilates.
Thursday: Ran 4km Yay! no knee problems and that included about 2km on the pavement so maybe things are looking up! PM pathetic attempt at doing a gym workout. Lasted about 10 mins on the bike and then did my weights programme but it was not with very much enthusiasm. I'm now off to bed to try and regain some energy. I'm beginning to sound like DJ, all this complaining about being tired! I wouldn't mind being tired if I was actually training hard like he is!

6 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Katie said...

You are working hard though thats for sure!!!! Thats great news about the 4km with no niggles :-) Be patient young lady... it will happen ( I sound like a panteen ad!) Hopefully your cocktail kicks in soon :-)

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

I feel fabulous darling.

Good to see a positive outlook and no knee problems.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

I read (somewhere on the www) that Pfitzinger said that it takes some runners up to 5 years for their bodies to adapt to the sport. Some take to it like a duck to water. Others (like me perhaps) toil with the niggles and time off during their evolution to becoming a runner. Patience and staying positive is the short cut to success I think. Sounds like your on the right track to me Lulu. :)

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Wooohooo about the 4k and no niggles - may there be many more! Runs not niggles that is ;-)

Great stuff Lulu and as me ole granpappy used to say - if you want something done ask a busy person.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger miners said...

yoko, jakamoko, toto

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

That's great about the 4k Lulu!

I'm looking forward to our little catch-up in Bris. Just wish we had one of those Lindt Cafes here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home